Monday, February 18, 2008

the eel pout in all it's glory


This what an eel pout looks like. Notice the head is much wider than the body. It is also slimier than it looks.
Like an eel, it will wrap it's slimy body around your wrist and arm.

4 comments:

jmsjoin said...

All right Todd!
Now that looks like an eel Great picture! Are they as slimy as ocean eels? Great tasting, like chicken? They are delicious but hard to clean because of the slime and the way they rope around your arm like a snake!

TBWTBE said...

This is a great idea Todd :)

jmsjoin said...

I must be screwed up I really like that picture of the eel pout.

Todd Dugdale said...

Yes, they are slimy. I've never eaten one, but I'm told they are okay. They are fairly easy to clean, if you really want to keep them.

Generally, they get tossed out on the ice and fox or dogs eat them.

BTW, this isn't my idea. I am merely copying, with permission, the idea of the Sunday Deck Bass from The Desert Beacon .