Saturday, July 26, 2008

Numbers 7/26

Obama now moves into a seven point lead nationally.



Currently, fivethirtyeight.com gives Obama 296 electoral votes, with the possibility of an Obama landslide at about 20%. Rasmussen gives Obama 210 electoral votes without "leaners".
Pollster.com gives Obama 284 EV.

Surprisingly, Obama is only behind by single digits in five Deep South states.
I'm not saying he can win those states, but considering that the GOP is essentially a regional Party these days, it really doesn't look good for the mid-terms. When a 15 point lead in Alabama is the strongest Southern showing for McCain, any sane Republican should start to worry.

1 comment:

jmsjoin said...

All right you're back too!
I keep seeing differing polls especially regarding the infamous electoral College. I think Obama should start picking up again now that he is back and can jump right on McMouth! i just hope one of the scummy scenarios I fully expect do not happen but I guarantee they will!